A BIG thanks to…
1) ME, yes ME… because I had the strength and courage to leave an abusive situation for myself and my son.
2) My family and friends… without their love and support I couldn’t have gotten through these past few years.
3) Support groups, and more specifically I’d like to thank Al-Anon and my domestic violence women’s group. They accepted me at my deepest, darkest, and depressing moments. These groups provided love and support. They provided an ear to listen, and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
4) Shelters and homeless programs… I would specifically like to thank one that provided me shelter, and helped me get back on my feet. Unfortunately I don’t want to plaster their name in big lights with fearful thoughts that my abuser might come across this website, put the pieces together, and eventually lead back to me. Places such as these give individuals and families a second chance at a brighter future.
5) Government programs… you never know what cards you might be dealt in the game of life. Sometimes a chain of unfortunate events occur, and you are beyond thankful that these programs exist.
6) Food in my belly… again a BIG thanks to all the programs that help in that area, and provide an extra boost to individuals and families in need.
7) A roof over my head, and affordable housing programs that help provide me with the extra boost I need to create a warm friendly environment for myself and my son.
8) Mother Earth and all her beauty… without her love and affection we could not exist! Therefore tread lightly… reduce, reuse, and recycle!
9) My beautiful baby who provides me with smiles, giggles, and strength to get me through each and everyday.
10) Technology, internet, and all my fabulous followers (friends)… A BIG thanks for listening to my story, and providing your support and suggestions along the way. You truly MEAN THE WORLD to me! I HOPE you will pass along my message in hopes to help someone in need… Thank you