In Awards on January 22, 2013 at 7:03 am
Thank you to my family, friends, followers, and other treasured guests that feel my blog is worthy of an award or nomination! I am truly at a loss for words, and unable to clearly express my overflowing gratification. I feel that my story is one that needs to be heard so that others can learn from my mistakes, and possibly comfort those that may already be experiencing a similar tale. I am grateful that so many of you are interested in listening, and feel that my words are worth spreading to those in need. Your kind words, personal stories, and overall support that you share with me on a daily basis warms my heart and keeps my sinking ship afloat… so THANK YOU!
Nominated me for Blog of the Year…
Seasons of Insanity
I am for Change
Nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award…
The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
Cancer in my Thirties
Nominated me for The Inspiring Blogger…
The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
Nominated me for the Liebster Award…
Encourage One Another Daily
Life’s Unexpected Blessings
Nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award…
Nominated me for the Reality Blog Award…
The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
My Spirit Journey
Nominated me for the Sunshine Award…
Nominated me for the Blog on Fire Award…
Nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award…
My Little 3 and Me
Nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award…
The Flat Girl
Nominated me for the Wonderful Team Readership Award…
The Kat and the Falling Leaves
Nominated me for the Red Badge of Courage Award…
Please note that although I do realize there are a number of rules to each award I am currently unable to follow through. When my head clears, and time permits I plan to finish what I started here, but until then… please know that you are loved, respected, and brightened my day in more ways than one! Thank you!!
In Awards on December 7, 2012 at 6:59 am
At first I was unable to tell my story of domestic violence because I was in SHOCK. I couldn’t believe what was going on around me. I was stuck in that moment of… Did that just happen to me? I was sure I was having a bad nightmare and I would awake at any moment. Then I was in DENIAL. I was in complete disbelief of everything going on around me. How could my husband, the so called man of my dreams abuse me? His angry fists of rage were life threatening and his words cut like a knife, but I was still HOPEFUL. Which is why I still did not speak up at this point. I mean imagine if I told my friends and family the horrible things I was experiencing at home, and then we patched everything up and lived happily ever after. Lastly I was AFRAID of the possible consequences that lay ahead if I spoke up. I was afraid of what he would do to me. I was afraid of what people would think. I was afraid of where I would go or what I would do. I was afraid I would have to follow through with some life changing event, and I wasn’t ready. I was afraid of my unborn child’s fatherless future, and the custody battle that would take place. I was afraid of the possible hardships. I was afraid of the UNKNOWN!
It took me quite sometime before I chose to speak up, and tell those around me what was truly going on at my household. Why I had hung new pictures on the wall, or what really happened to various objects around the house. Why I had become withdrawn, and stopped inviting loved ones over altogether. Bit by bit I was slowly repasting my life back together with each word which rolled off my tongue. I was regaining my voice, and no longer having to hide the secrets buried deep within my bleeding heart. It was beginning to feel good, and I felt a sense of freedom.
I’m not here to judge, nor am I here to encourage anyone to do anything they are not ready to do. Everyone is different, each relationship varies, and domestic violence is different across the board. What may be good for me, could possibly be detrimental for another. Only you know whats right for you!
Since I began blogging a couple months ago I have had a number of readers leave comments sharing their personal stories of struggles and strength at the hands of domestic violence. These men and women inspire me, encourage me, and provide me with strength. They bring me support, and leave me with HOPE for the future! I would like to take this time to graciously thank my friends and followers… It is comforting to know that I am not alone! Together there is STRENGTH IN NUMBERS, and we can help put an end to domestic violence!
That being said… I have created my own personal award that I will be handing out in the near future. I have titled it Prego Project, a voicing violence award presented by myself Prego and the Loon. I am trying to encourage people to speak up, and tell their story. PLEASE help provide strength and courage to those in need including myself. Your stories inspire me, and more importantly let myself and others know that we are not alone. To all those that have already shared bits and pieces of their bitter past THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart… your openness means the world to me, and it will not go overlooked!
In Awards on November 30, 2012 at 4:50 am
I write to heal the wounds deep within my soul, and I put it out there for the world to read in hopes to provide support to those in need! Slowly over time victims of domestic violence lose their voice. Victims are unable to speak up for fear that they will be beaten or verbally assaulted. Their opinion no longer matters to their significant other. Often victims are unable to share any joy they may experience in life for fear that they will be physically or verbally attacked. As a survivor of domestic violence it is the most amazing feeling to finally speak out, and actually be heard by someone. I want to give a BIG thank you to Mitten’s Kittens Blog this award truly means the world to me in more ways than one! You not only made me one HAPPY lady, but you are also helping to spread awareness regarding one very important topic… THANK YOU!!
The award rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Attach the icon to your site.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Nominate some other bloggers whom you feel deserve this award!
- Your favorite color? – Blood Red
- Your favorite animal? – My Little Pony and Care Bears
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? – Fresh squeezed yumminess or a chocolate shake
- Facebook or Twitter? – Facebook
- Your favorite pattern? – If it’s black and white I’ll LOVE it!
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – I LOVE picking out the prefect present for someone
- Your favorite number? – zero or maybe 8 because if you knock it down you have the infinity symbol.
- Your favorite day of the week? – Friday or Saturday, and I’m so happy that they are just around the corner!
- Your favorite flower? – I LOVE the bright beautiful colors of snapdragons and Gerber Daisies.
- What is your passion? – I LOVE to dance!
My wonderful nominees who lure me in with their beautiful way with words and insightful comments:
The Cranky Giraffe
Just Me With…
The Good Greatsby
The Geek Transition:
My questions for you:
- Do you watch television? Television wastes your time and money, but I do enjoy watching a good flick once in awhile.
- Who is your favourite author? If you’re looking for something in regards to domestic violence Lundy Bancroft is amazing!
- Do you like 80′s movies? LOVE… Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Fast Times at Ridgemont High…
- What social issue bothers you? The pure fact that there are social issues… Can’t we all just get along?
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Dragonflies, live shrimp, Lassie (dog), snake, scorpion soup, chicken feet, duck head…
- How do you like your eggs? Quiche, souffle, or scrambled until I’m absolutely sure that they are DEAD!
- When did you discover blogging? A couple months ago
- Why do like to blog? I love writing, and I enjoy the interaction and rapport with others.
In Awards on November 21, 2012 at 6:48 am
“They” often say that if you want something you should eat it, think it, and make it happen throughout each waking day. Spread your message to the world around you in hopes that someone may be listening. I want the world to know what it is like to be in an abusive relationship, why it is difficult to get out, the emotional wreckage left behind, and eventually how to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and continue with grace and beauty… I’m still working on that one, LOL! The more we as a society choose to speak up, the better understanding we’ll have of domestic violence. Which hopefully in turn our education will bring forth a brighter tomorrow with little to ZERO violence.
That being said… I am greatly honored that Seasons of Insanity nominated me for Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. I’m also excited to hear that he will be publishing the Zombie Journals, and I hope that he will follow up with a post regarding the process of putting things into production… because I too hope to someday publish my work and spread awareness. A BIG thanks, one bear hug, and remember my friendship is just a blog away!!
The rules for receiving this award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
The Questions to be answered
1. Your favorite color – Purple
2. Your favorite animal – My favorite domesticated animal is a dog. Otherwise I love seeing the big cats at the zoo.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Fresh squeezed anything or a chocolate shake
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook
5. Your favorite pattern – I love vintage black and white patterns, such as French Toile
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Both are exciting, especially if you pick the perfect gift for someone else.
7. Your favorite number? – I can’t even pretend to like one individual number.
8. Your favorite day of the week? – Friday or Saturday
9. Your favorite flower? – An enchanted stroll through a Japanese cherry blossom garden.
10. What is your passion? Outdoor activities, creative anything, and yummy asian food!
… and in no specific order the nominees are:
Tina Wiebe Photography
Desire to Dream
Michelle at Play
Day in the Life…
Butter Love Affair
In Awards on November 15, 2012 at 7:37 am
The leaves were changing colors to various hues of red, orange, and yellow. The air was crisp, and the month was October. It was exactly three years ago that I called the police, packed one single bag for my infant child and I, and escaped the clutches of my ex-husband. Ironically I left during Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and strangely I began writing this blog during the month of October. For me this is a form of therapy that helps me share, reflect, and try to put things behind me with the love and support of those around me (including my fabulous blogger friends!!) I also share my personal stories in hopes to educate others on domestic violence, and provide support for those who have survived the wreckage of an abusive relationship. I never imagined that a short month or two later I would be nominated for an Inspiring Blogger Award.
I would like to give a big thank you to Jo and Aaron at
Their blog is titled Over The Edge Of The wild, and each post unfolds a chapter of Jo and Aaron’s adventures around the world. I am currently living vicariously through this couple, and I am enjoying every twist and turn they take me on. Thanks again… this nomination means the world to me, and my efforts to fight domestic violence!!
The way the award works is that I now have to provide seven random facts about myself, and then nominate seven other blogs for the award. This first part is all about ME!
1) My fondest childhood memories took place at the wooden park, and catching tadpoles at the nearby creek.
2) I absolutely LOVE Shel Silverstein, and to this day I can still recite his poem Sick.
3) I LOVE animals so much that I decided to keep a mouse in my junior high school locker when my mum said “NO!”
4) Upon first meeting me I may come across as a very shy individual, but out on the dance floor I will prove otherwise.
5) I am a hopeless romantic that still treasures love letters from my high school sweetheart.
6) I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, and I would do it again!
7) I HOPE that you will click “Like” and Reblog to help educate others about domestic violence, spread awareness, and provide support!
In no particular order my nominations go to:
I included one blog for good luck! It appears that Lift Up Your Voice Speak Out is in the beginning phases of production. I wanted to offer my support and personal stories as HOPE for a brighter tomorrow.